My Cozy was born on 7th September, 1996, at our Dover Place home in Kolkata. Her mother Suzie was a beautiful lady & gave birth to 6 adorable pups....Cozy was the tiniest, weakest & last of all. The vet detected major health issues in her & gave her a maximum of 2-3 years to live.
My lovely girl is touching 15 now, gone slow, has poor eyesight, but she is the first one to greet me when I get back home, staggering upto the stairs & looking at me as I climb them, wagging her slim tail vigorously & her expression always looks like a broad smile.
Until I had my baby last year, she used to share my bed. Now she sleeps on a divan right next to our bed, & I love to get up in the middle of the night & bend over to catch a glimpse of her, fast asleep. She is amazing, & she will be my last pet ever. I cannot imagine having any other pet after her. the loss of her mom in 2006 was sort of made up by Cozy's bouncing presence all over the house.
I regret not being able to devote much of my leisure time to her...now that my boy is growing up, but I love the way we are present in the same room, & glancing at her every now & then.
I wish her a longer, healthy life.
God bless her.

God bless her...
ReplyDelete